Saturday, January 1, 2011

Because I've missed writing.

A few weeks ago, a dear friend suggested that I start a blog. "I would totally follow it," she said. It's not like I had not contemplated the idea before. But every time I thought I would not be able to post regularly. At other times, I was too scared of giving away information about my life too easily to crazy stalkers.

I'm giving it a shot now. This blogging thing. I have too many opinions to keep my mouth shut. Too many stories to tell. Of people, airports, Taco Bell, rickshaws, Photoshop, the ocean, and dirty politics. Of friends I see and friends I miss. Of lessons I've learned and lessons that I should learn by now. I mean, it's high time.

I used to write a lot before college. And then other things started taking over my life. Mainly studio. Studio. And studio. Along with running to Hy-Vee, failing attempts to cook, driving to and from Wichita, and trying to keep up with the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

So what better time to do this than the beginning of a new decade? I mean I've got loads to look forward to next year: the Cricket World Cup, Prince William's Wedding, Oprah's new television network, iPhone from Verizon, the Hangover's sequel, and Lady Gaga's new album. Not really. Except for cricket and the Hangover. Maybe.

And this blog.

Because I've missed writing.




4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! So stoked! Have a happy new year!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your next post! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Because I've missed writing"
    Kind of lingers on. Maybe it's just me.
    But kyaaa tie-tale hai yaaar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faisal: It was the first post. It was supposed to linger on. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete